LHOTSE 8,516 meters
Lhotse, the fourth highest mountain in the world, is known for its impressive vertical walls, including Lhotse Face, a challenging steep icy section. It is often regarded as a sister peak to Mount Everest, as it forms part of the same mountain range and is connected to Everest via the prominent South Col ridge.
One of the fascinating aspects of climbing Lhotse is that it shares the same South Col route with Mount Everest. Climbers can witness the historical significance of this route. Moreover, summiting Mount Lhotse is a remarkable accomplishment in mountaineering. It requires significant physical and mental stamina, determination, and skill.
|Max. Altitude||8,516 meters / 27,940 feet|
|Group Size||4 to 6 Participants|
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TRIP
- Reach the summit of the fourth-highest mountain in the world (8,516 meters / 27,940 feet)
- Explore Kathmandu, a culturally rich area with bustling markets and centuries of religious and traditional heritage
- Breathtaking domestic flight to Lukla (Gateway to Everest)
- Fantastic acclimatization trek to Lhotse Base Camp in the famous Everest region (Sagarmatha National Park), home of the Sherpa people
- Stunning views of the Himalayas, unique wildlife, and beautiful flora
- Pre- acclimatization climbing of Lobuche Peak (6119 m)
- Khumbu Icefall Glacier, one of the most treacherous and challenging sections
- Feel the thin air at 8,000 meters (the ‘death zone) and witness unparalleled views of Mount Everest
WHY WITH WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS
DAY TO DAY ITINERARY
INCLUDES & EXCLUDES, PAYMENT INFORMATION
OPTIONAL ADD ON
CLIMBING & TREKKING MAPS
+ Read More
My first 8000, and not the least! Chosen based on a Swiss success in 1956 and accompanied by a top team, I was lucky enough to climb (and descend) this…
My first 8000, and not the least! Chosen based on a Swiss success in 1956 and accompanied by a top team, I was lucky enough to climb (and descend) this majestic summit. WILD YAK is a family with respectful values, not the commercial ones so often encountered these days. Traveling with them is a guarantee of quality and an unforgettable adventure! Trek like an expedition!
Add a Review
"*" indicates required fields