CHO OYU 8,201 meters
Test your limits: Reach Your Next Dream Mountain
WILD YAK Cho Oyu Expedition offers a thrilling adventure to conquer the sixth-highest mountain in the world. With less technical difficulty than other 8000-meter peaks, Cho-Oyu is the perfect training ground for aspiring mountaineers aiming to summit Mount Everest. Join our elite WILD YAK Expedition Sherpa Team and embark on an unforgettable journey to scale these impressive heights of Cho-Oyu 8201 meters. Our experienced Sherpa guides will provide unwavering support, helping you achieve the impossible.
You will need exceptional cardio-vascular fitness and to be thoroughly prepared. You must have experience of previous similar climbs. Climbs of this grade demand hard physical effort at extreme altitudes and may cause long-term fatigue after the Exped. You will likely encounter long, steep snow and ice slopes with short steps of very steep ice or low grade rock climbing.
|Max. Altitude||8,201 m | 26,906 ft|
|Group Size||4-6 Participants|
HIGHLIGHTS OF CHO OYU EXPEDITION
- Reach one of the fourteen 8000er: Summit, the 6th highest mountain on earth, and join an exclusive group of adventurers.
- Explore Kathmandu: Immerse yourself in Nepal’s capital city’s passionate culture, bustling markets, and centuries of religious and traditional heritage.
- Sightseeing of UNESCO World Heritage sites: Discover Kathmandu’s historical sites’ captivating heritage and architecture.
- Tibetan Culture: Immerse yourself in the Tibetan people’s unique traditions, customs, and religious practices by visiting local monasteries and engaging with friendly locals.
- Accessible and safe climbing: Cho Oyu is considered one of the more accessible and safer 8000-meter peaks. The expedition involves moderate ice and snow slopes with steeper rock and ice sections.
- Climb above 8,000 meters (the ‘death zone’): Ascend into the extreme altitudes of the Tibetan Himalayas.
- Consistently staying at an elevation of over 5700 meters for more than 20 days.
- Self-transformation: Gain valuable insights about personal growth and reflection through this life-changing adventure.
- Stunning panorama: The mountain offers breathtaking views of the surrounding Himalayan peaks from the summit, including closeup Everest and Khumbu Glacier, Lhotse, and Makalu.
WHY WITH WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS?
DAY TO DAY ITINERARY
INCLUDES & EXCLUDES, PAYMENT INFORMATION
OPTIONAL ADD ON
CLIMBING & TREKKING MAPS
Add a Review
"*" indicates required fields