After working for more than a decade in the real core of the expeditions and trekking fields and travelling around the globe, the WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS founders had observed and experienced the ups and downs of the travelling business.
They decided to found WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS based on new ideas by focusing mainly on safety, quality of services, and responsible tourism.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS Main principles and aims are based on:
- To provide best quality services
- Easier to understand the needs and requirements of each client
- Create a solidary ambiance between our guests
- Make it easier to understand the local team and their culture and traditions
- Local teams are not overloaded and make the trip more enjoyable for each guest
SAFETY FEATURES :
- 24-hours medical emergency assistance by doctors specialized in high altitude medicine
- Supplementary Oxygen for emergency and first aid kit
- Regular weather updates, to assist when crossing high mountain passes and in case of sudden bad weather
- Trained and experienced Leaders
- Good connections with rescue airlines and hospitals specializing in high altitude emergency’s
LOCAL TEAM and COMMUNITY:
- Responsible tourism, following the “low impact” policy
- Supporting training, skills improvement and refresher courses regarding mountaineering, rescue and Wilderness first aid training, cooking, and foreign languages for our local team members.
- Following a fair business policy by paying decent salaries and creating a better working environment for our local teams, in particular with respect to their personal, rescue and medical insurances.
- Encouraging our local team members to attend workshops regarding environmental preservation, garbage management and cultural and traditional preservation so enable them to contribute to their community and generate environmental awareness.
- WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS is very concerned about the porters. We support and respect the porters’ rights and have high standards to make sure that they are treated well. We pay them a fair salary, including a bonus and providing them with good food allowances, clothes, shoes, sunglasses, rescue and medical insurances. We also support the work of the International Porter Protection Group and make available some of our resources to help to develop the working conditions of the porters.
- WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS with its “Butterfly Help- Project” is supporting the children of the dead ‘high altitude workers’ of the Himalayas, by enabling them to continue their education and studies. An amount from each of our Trips is donated to the “Butterfly Help-Project”.