- Country Tibet / Nepal
- Duration 12 Days
- Region Kham & Tsang Regions
- Max Altitude 4990 meters / 16372 feets
- Group Size 4 to 6 People
- Arrival On Kathmandu
- Departure From Kathamndu
- Prime Activity Trekking
- Minor Activity Cultural and Traditional Sightseeing
- Date & Price
- Include & Exclude
- Book Now
Land of the Mountains, High plateau and the Monasteries
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS brings you to discover the beauty and mysteries of the highest Plateau of the World: Tibet.
Tibet has long been known as Shangri-La, the land of eternal snows and the Roof of the World. The Tibetan Plateau is simply one of the most remarkable, memorable and fascinating places in Asia. Our Tour starts from eastern Tibet, Nyingrtri region, which is full of spectacular skylines of majestic mountain peaks, breathtaking canyons, scattered highland lakes, rolling pastures and farmland, and pristine forests. The population of such region consists mostly of Tibetans, Monbans and Lhobans, who are cultivating for centuries very unique ethnic traditions and glorious culture.
Our Tour takes you further to central Tibet, with the historic capital of Tibet Lhasa. Century’s old forts, magnificent monasteries, prayer halls of chanting monks, religious institute and remote cliff side retreats are part of your journey.
Besides it Buddhist art and cultures, Tibet offers stunning views of some of the world’s highest mountains: Mount Everest, Mount Cho-Oyu, Mount Shishapangma and an exceptional panorama on the Himalayan ranges with its glaciers and glittering turquoise lakes. We drive across huge plains dotted with grazing yaks and nomad’s tents and cross high passes draped with colorful prayer flags.
The flight to Nepal offers the most spectacular view of the Himalayan Range. We spend a short stay in the colorful city of Kathmandu where we enhance your spirit with a UNESCO Heritage sites sightseeing.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS proposes this tour in Tibet by providing an experienced leader, excellent food and lodges, the appropriate medical emergency aids and best means of transportation.
Highlights of Trip
Wild Yak Expeditions propose a tour to roof of the world "Tibet" and to Everest base camp
- Introduction to the Himalayan culture and traditions of Tibet and Nepal
- Interesting visit of the remote region of Eastern Kham
- Sightseeing of some of the highest Buddhist treasures of the world: Potala palace, Barkhor circuit, Jokhang temple and the UNESCO Heritages sites of Bhaktapur, Swambunath, Boudhanath and Pashupatinath
- Visit of the well-preserved Buddhist institutes of Drepung and Sera
- Dazzling holy lake Yamdrok tso
- Discovery of ancient Himalaya people settlements
- Exceptional panorama of some of the famous highest mountains of the Himalayan massive: Mount Everest, Cho-oyu, Shishapangma and many other giants
- Epic flight crossing the Himalaya to Kathmandu
- Importance placed on high quality services to a small group of participants
Altitude Chart of Trip
- Day 1 : International flight from Geneva/Zurich to Chengdu
- Day 2 : Arrival in Chengdu (512m), drive to Lunang (3100m), 3 hrs
- Day 3 : Lunang to Bayi (3050m), 2 hrs drive
- Day 4 : Bayi to Lhasa (3650m), 10-11 hrs drive
- Day 5 : Potala Palace, hiking to Papongka (3980m) 3 hrs
- Day 6 : Sightseeing Gyantse and Sera
- Day 7 : Lhasa to Shigatse (3840m) via Khampa La pass (4990m), 7 hrs drive
- Day 8 : Shigatse to Lhasa (4050m), 4 hrs drive
- Day 9 : Flight to Kathmandu (1350m), Nepal
- Day 10 : Sightseeing of the UNESCO Heritages sites
- Day 11/12 : International flight back to Geneva/Zurich
Date & Price
The given prices are per person and exclude international flights. Given below are the departure dates available for online booking. If the given date is not favorable then please contact us and we will happily customize your trip on dates more appropriate for you.
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Voyage Status||Book Now|
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ philosophy is: as much as possible is included in the quoted price so that customers know the total costs of their tour in advance!
- International airfare to Lhasa via Chengdu in economy class, with departure from Geneva/Zurich*
- International airfaire from Kathmandu to Geneva/Zurich, in economy class*
- Flight from Lhasa to Kathmandu, in economy class
- All airport/hotel transfers in Lhasa and Kathmandu
- All ground transportation in Tibet and Nepal according to the defined program
- Accommodation in high standard hotels, including breakfasts, on a sharing basis as defined itinerary (please note that additional charges occur for single room, upon request)
- All major meals in Tibet and Nepal
- Guided sightseeing Tour in Tibet and Nepal
- Local Guide and City Guide in Tibet and Nepal
- All entry fees to the monuments, monasteries and UNESCO Heritage sites in Tibet and Nepal
- Visa for Nepal and its formalities
- Travel and rescue arrangements in Tibet and Nepal
- First aid kit
- All necessary taxes in Tibet and Nepal
*Please note that WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS reserves its right to adapt the prices for the flights, in case of price fluctuation of the air taxes, and in case of a departure from any other airport as mentioned above (upon request).
- China Tibet entry Visa fee
- Excess baggage charges for the international flights
- Travel cancellation and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, Internet, laundry, individual beverages, and all other personal items)
- Optional trips and sightseeing, if extended
- Tips (Local guide, city guide, driver)
- Any other expense that is not included in the quoted price
ACCOMMODATION & MEAL
During our Tour: we stay in good standard hotels, on a sharing basis as per defined itinerary destination.
Please note that depending on the availability, single rooms might be booked upon request and towards additional costs. Breakfasts and dinners are served from the hotels where we lodge.
During the Tour, local cuisine is mainly served, except in Kathmandu where we can enjoy all different kinds of cuisine from the traditional one to the Indian, Continental and Mexican in very good restaurants in town.
All beverages are on each participant’s own charge.
The different means of transportations
- Geneva/Zurich to Chengdu by flight
- Chengdu to Lhasa by flight
- Sightseeing in Lhasa by private minibus
- Lhasa to Kathmandu by flight
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu by private minibus
- Kathmandu to Europe by flight
Tour leader and his role: WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ experimented tour leader is enthusiastic and familiar with the local cultures and traditions about Tibet and Nepal and speaks several languages. Our leader leads you all the way through Tibet and accompanies the group to Nepal. Our leader provides you interesting information about the people, mountains, culture, traditions and landscapes of Tibet and Nepal. Our leader takes care, in a possible extent, of your needs throughout such Tour. Though most of the hotels are booked by WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS, it is one of the leader’s duty to manage the accommodation and meals places. The leader ensures that the clients are satisfied, supervises the local tour guide and the drivers. WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS is frequently informed about the group during the entire Tour.
Local Tour guide: Our Local Tour guides are appointed by WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS. They assist the Leader by providing the necessary cultural information about the local people and traditions. They further make sure that the Tour runs according to the defined program.
Sorry, no grade found