Highlights of Trip
Wild Yak Expeditions propose a tour to roof of the world "Tibet" and to Everest base camp
- Introduction to the Himalayan culture and traditions of Tibet and Nepal
- Interesting visit of the remote region of Eastern Kham
- Sightseeing of some of the highest Buddhist treasures of the world: Potala palace, Barkhor circuit, Jokhang temple and the UNESCO Heritages sites of Bhaktapur, Swambunath, Boudhanath and Pashupatinath
- Visit of the well-preserved Buddhist institutes of Drepung and Sera
- Dazzling holy lake Yamdrok tso
- Discovery of ancient Himalaya people settlements
- Exceptional panorama of some of the famous highest mountains of the Himalayan massive: Mount Everest, Cho-oyu, Shishapangma and many other giants
- Epic flight crossing the Himalaya to Kathmandu
- Importance placed on high quality services to a small group of participants
Land of the Mountains, High plateau and the Monasteries
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS brings you to discover the beauty and mysteries of the highest Plateau of the World: Tibet.
Tibet has long been known as Shangri-La, the land of eternal snows and the Roof of the World. The Tibetan Plateau is simply one of the most remarkable, memorable and fascinating places in Asia. Our Tour starts from eastern Tibet, Nyingrtri region, which is full of spectacular skylines of majestic mountain peaks, breathtaking canyons, scattered highland lakes, rolling pastures and farmland, and pristine forests. The population of such region consists mostly of Tibetans, Monbans and Lhobans, who are cultivating for centuries very unique ethnic traditions and glorious culture.
Our Tour takes you further to central Tibet, with the historic capital of Tibet Lhasa. Century’s old forts, magnificent monasteries, prayer halls of chanting monks, religious institute and remote cliff side retreats are part of your journey.
Besides it Buddhist art and cultures, Tibet offers stunning views of some of the world’s highest mountains: Mount Everest, Mount Cho-Oyu, Mount Shishapangma and an exceptional panorama on the Himalayan ranges with its glaciers and glittering turquoise lakes. We drive across huge plains dotted with grazing yaks and nomad’s tents and cross high passes draped with colorful prayer flags.
The flight to Nepal offers the most spectacular view of the Himalayan Range. We spend a short stay in the colorful city of Kathmandu where we enhance your spirit with a UNESCO Heritage sites sightseeing.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS proposes this tour in Tibet by providing an experienced leader, excellent food and lodges, the appropriate medical emergency aids and best means of transportation.