Kathmandu: We stay at the 5-Star Hyatt Hotel in Kathmandu including breakfasts. All dinners are served in excellent restaurants in town where you can enjoy various types of cuisine, from the typical Nepali, Thai, and even steaks and Italian meals. Each restaurant has been screened by WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS representatives to ensure that it is of suitable quality for our guests.
Lhasa to Base Camp: We Stay at a high standard hotel and experience real Chinese cuisine with mixture of Tibetan style with a b0wl of beverage along with each meal.
Base Camp and ABC: WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ Base Camp is comfortable, warm and well organised. Each participant has an individual extra double large tent where one can almost stand to change the clothes (about 165cm high). Light, insulation from ground and an extra large thick mattress with soft pillow are provided for each individual tent. Our triple skin base primalofe -dining tent is heated at evening (by heater) at both place (Base Camp and at Advance Base Camp) and the ground is insulated and topped up with a Tibetan carpet. Our kitchen is hygienic, clean and equipped with modern utensils and stoves. Likewise the shower tent is facilitated with hot gas gijar (electronic water hearter) system with shampoo, shower gel, body lotion and mirror. The toilet tent is big enough to render a high altitude toilet comfortable, equipped with toilet paper and fresh Odinel. A water bucket with soap and sanitilizer is at your disposal besides the dining tent. Similarly, a store tent and communication tent will be set up, depending the number of participants. Radio, Internet, phone and batteries charging facilities are part of the Base Camp and ABC
During the Expedition, you can enjoy various kinds of food, from the typical Nepali food to all types of international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, European, Indian, Japanese etc.) As we provide Oven so the team can enjoy fresh breads and cakes and cookies at BC and ABC, along with varieties of drinks, among others, hot chocolate, coffee and fruit juice. Fresh vegetables, fruits and meat are supplied as regularly as possible from our kitchen. On request, for higher camps, a freshly cooked hygienic food or a packed food (as per condition) can be provided from our kitchen team as well as drinks and snacks.
Lights and Generator: Base camp and ABC is equip with generator Hondo which has almost no noise and high power for the altitude. Solar will be from GoalZero brand.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS believes in a high level of security while operating its Expedition to Mount Shishapangma and provides accordingly the Expedition members with all the necessary means in order to optimise their chance to summit Mount Shishapangma.
- 1 UIAGM (mountain guide) per group
- WYE Sherpa team, our climbing Sherpas are all Everest, Cho-Oyu , Shishapangma and many 8000 peak summiteers, strong, advanced mountaineering and rescue trained, experienced and qualified with the handling of Oxygen, mask and regulator, friendly and supportive
- Full time Base Camp Manager for logistic services and emergency
- 2 brand new oxygen bottles for group for emergency
- Mask and regulator for emergency for the group
- We are flexible and supportive being a small group of mountaineers compared to other big outfitters which consist of more than 15 climbers in the team
- Securing the route by Guide and climbing Sherpa in the technical section where it is necessary.
- Each 2 client shares radio for communications while in the mountain
- The Expedition is equipped with a satellite phone
- A 24-hour service radio station at Base Camp and ABC
- We are associated with the Tibet rescue mountain guides
- Weather forecast from 2 different countries
- 24-hour high altitude medical consultant for emergency or sickness cases, and medical first aid box for base camp and higher camps
- Pre- acclimatisation training
- A 3-day workshop at Base Camp practicing high camps tricks and tips of gear management, radio use and guidance for mental preparation
- A 2-day workshop before going to the final Summit push which consists mainly of giving advice for appropriate handling of personal things which may be effective during the climbing, handling of oxygen and mask regulator and the way to cooperate with the own Sherpa on the day of ascent
UIAGM Nepali Mountain Guide and his role: WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ UIAGM Mountain Guide is a professional authorised mountain guide, authorise by International Climbing and Mountaineering Federation (UIAA) further more along with mountaineering experience in guiding around in the Himalaya. Our Guide leads you to the mountain, giving you interesting information about mountains, technics, culture, traditions and landscapes. He is also helping as interpret with the local population. He is always ensuring your safety and is checking your needs throughout the climbing and monitoring as well symptoms of high altitude sickness. The Guide plays a vital role in taking care of the clients’ needs, supervising the staffs/ porters and assuring the safety requirements. WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS will be frequently informed about the group throughout the Climbing.
Climbing Sherpa(s): The number is depending on the size of the group of participants to this Expedition. Our climbing Sherpa team is a professional qualified team with great experience in guiding at high altitudes in the Himalaya especially Mount Everest and other 8000 meters mountain and have deep knowledge about the culture and traditions of this part of the Himalaya. It is Sherpa's role to fix all the tents, fix the rope at the necessary part of the mountain and assist you all the way to the summit.
Kitchen Team: Plays a vital role during the entire Expeditions. WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS Cooks are specialized, experienced and trained in outdoor cooking at high altitudes, respecting the fundamental principles of hygiene and proper management of the base camp and its surroundings. The Cook role is also to manage the base camp in the absence of the Leader/Sherpa team. Different types of cuisine and bakeries are served during the climbing period. Our Kitchen Team ensures also that the garbage is properly managed and the campsite is kept clean after its use.