Kathmandu: We stay at the famous Hyatt 5-star on a sharing basis, including breakfasts to optimize the preparation of your Shishapangma Expedition. All dinners are served in excellent restaurants in town where you can enjoy various types of cuisine, from the typical Nepali, Thai, and even steaks and Italian meals. Each restaurant has been screened by WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS representatives to ensure that it is of suitable quality for our guests.
Lhasa to Base Camp: We Stay at a high standard hotel and experience real Chinese cuisine with mixture of Tibetan style with a b0wl of beverage along with each meal.
Base Camp and ABC: WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ Base Camp is comfortable, warm and well organised. Each participant has an individual extra double large tent where one can almost stand to change the clothes (about 165cm high). Light, insulation from ground and an extra large thick mattress with soft pillow are provided for each individual tent.
Our triple skin base Primaloft dining tent is heated at evening (by heater) at both place (Base Camp and at Advance Base Camp) and the ground is insulated and topped up with a Tibetan carpet. Our kitchen is hygienic, clean and equipped with modern utensils and stoves. Likewise the shower tent is facilitated with hot gas (water heater) system with shampoo, shower gel, body lotion and mirror. The toilet tent is big enough to render a high altitude toilet comfortable, equipped with toilet paper and fresh Odinel. A water bucket with soap and hand sanitizer is at your disposal besides the dining tent. Similarly, a store tent and communication tent will be set up, depending the number of participants. Radio, Internet, phone and batteries charging facilities are part of the Base Camp and ABC.
During the Expedition, you can enjoy various kinds of food, from the typical Nepali food to all types of international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, European, Indian, Japanese etc.) As we provide Oven so the team can enjoy fresh breads and cakes and cookies at BC and ABC, along with varieties of drinks, among others, hot chocolate, coffee and fruit juice. Fresh vegetables, fruits and meat are supplied as regularly as possible from our kitchen. On request, for higher camps, a freshly cooked hygienic food or a packed food (as per condition) can be provided from our kitchen team as well as drinks and snacks.
Light and Generator: Base Camp and ABC are equipped with a solar charging system and a powerful generator (less noise but more power in the altitude).
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS believes in a high level of security while operating its Expedition to Mount Shishapangma and provides accordingly the Expedition members with all the necessary means in order to optimise the chance to summit Mount Shishapangma.
- 1 UIAGM Nepali Mountain Guide for the group of participants (4 to 6 participants)
- 1 Climbing Sherpa for 2 participants for the Summit days
- WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS team consists of new generation climbing Sherpas who are highly trained and skilled in mountaineering, educated, with numerous experiences of high altitude climbing, are fluent in various languages and last but not least, friendly and supportive
- Full time Base Camp Manager for the logistic
- We are flexible and supportive being a small group of Climbers compared to other big outfitters which consist of more than 10 climbers in the team
- First Aid medical box, including 2 oxygen bottles with mask and regulator for emergency
- 24/24 hours high altitude consultant in case of emergency
- 1 Radio set per 2 participants during the ascents
- A 24-hour service based radio station at Base Camp
- Satellite phone (personal communications on each participant's own charge)
- Weather forecast
- Fixing lines by our Sherpa Team, where necessary
- 1 day workshop at Base Camp (practice of gear technique, radio use, high altitude tricks, mental preparation guidance)
- 1 day workshop before going to the final Summit push which consists mainly of giving advice for appropriate handling of the personal things which may be effective during the climbing
- We are associated with the Tibetan Mountain Rescue Team
- Last but not least, pre-expedition meeting in Switzerland and specific advise on how to prepare for an 8000-meter Expedition.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS TEAM
The success of this Expedition depends on both the personal condition of each participant and the experience of our Team. WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ team has been carefully selected according to their experience in the specific environment and personal aptitudes. Our team is thus highly experienced, skilled, trained, courteous and helpful.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ is proud to support our local staff by providing them with a fair salary, encouraging them to take mountaineering workshops, wilderness first aid training, environmental preservation courses, garbage management, team leadership, and language refreshers on a regular basis.
Our UIAGM Nepali Mountain Guide and his role: WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ UIAGM Mountain Guide is a professional authorized mountain guide by International Climbing and Mountaineering Federation (UIAA) with mountaineering experience in guiding around the Himalaya. Our Mountain Guide leads you to the mountain, giving you interesting information about mountains, technics, culture, traditions and landscapes. He is also helping as interpret with the local population. He is always ensuring your safety and is checking your needs throughout the climbing and monitoring as well symptoms of high altitude sickness. The Mountain Guide plays a vital role in taking care of the clients’ needs, supervising the staff/porters and assuring the safety requirements. WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS will be frequently informed about the group throughout the Trip.
Our Climbing Sherpas: The number is depending on the size of the group of participants to this Expedition. Our climbing Sherpa team is a professional qualified team with great experience in guiding at high altitudes in the Himalaya and deep knowledge about the culture and traditions of this part of the Himalaya. It is the Sherpas' role to fix the tents, the ropes, where necessary and assist you all the way to the Summit.
Our Kitchen Team: It plays a vital role during the entire Expeditions. WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS Cooks are specialized, experienced and trained in outdoor cooking at high altitudes, respecting the fundamental principles of hygiene and proper management of the base camp and its surroundings. The Cook role is also to manage the base camp in the absence of the Leader/Sherpa team. Different types of cuisine and bakeries are served during the climbing period. Our Kitchen Team ensures also that the garbage is properly managed and the campsite is kept clean after its use.
Note: For the present Expedition, the collective material and luggage is carried by yaks until Advance Base Camp.