- Country Nepal
- Duration 18 Days
- Region Larkya Region
- Max Altitude 5,135 meters / 16,848 feets
- Group Size 4 to 6 People
- Arrival On Kathmandu
- Departure From Kathmandu
- Grade Moderate
- Meals Dinners in Kathmandu, All meals in the Trek
- Accommodations 4* Boutique Hotel / Lodges in the Trek
- Prime Activity Trekking
- Minor Activity Cultural and Traditional Sightseeing
- Date & Price
- Include & Exclude
- Book Now
The Gem of the Himalaya
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS offers a great experience on the Manaslu trek and the crossing of the Larkya pass (5135 meters) in the heart of the Himalayan Range. It counts among the most beautiful trail sections in Nepal with its stunning mountain vistas and enchanting culture. The trails are varied and enticing: from hot valley hillsides to cool refreshing bamboo and exotic rhododendron forests, to the higher trails leading to silent alpine moors and rugged high mountain deserts with turquoise blue lakes. Below 2000 meters discover the colourful Hindu culture with great vegetation and waterfalls, above you are captivated by mystical landscapes with their famous Buddhist craft stone walls, evil spirit protected gates, pagoda and colourful monasteries in a scenery of dramatic valleys against a backdrop of some classic Himalayan peaks: Manaslu, Himlung Himal, Cheo Himal, Larka Peak, Kang Gure and Annapurna II.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS offers this Manaslu trekking in the Larkya wilderness with experienced staff, excellent food and good lodges, the appropriate medical and emergency aid, regular weather updates, means of communication and the necessary safety gear.
Come and discover the magic of Himalayas with comfort and quality that you deserve with WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS style.
Highlights of Trip
- Sightseeing of the UNESCO World heritage sites in Kathmandu
- Rough jeep drives
- Trekking to the exotic and remote places of Middle West of Nepal with its traditional farming villages of the Gurung and Magar hill tribes, Larke and Siar mountain people
- Discovery of ancient Himalayan people settlements and interesting Larkya Buddhist culture with the fascinating Gompas (monasteries), stone craft walls and Kani gates
- Experience of the high Himalayan altitude by crossing the Larkya pass at 5135 meters with its stunning views on the large Tibetan plateau and some spectacular Himalayan mountains: Mount Manaslu, 8163 meters, Ganesh Himal, Himlung Himal and other numerous beautiful peaks
- Importance placed on high quality organization, staff, equipment and services to a small team of trekkers.
Map of Trip
Altitude Chart of Trip
- Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 2 : Sightseeing day of the world UNESCO heritage sites in Kathmandu
- Day 3 : Drive to Auroghat(608m), 6-7 hrs / Lodge
- Day 4 : Auroghat to Leding (750m), 5 hrs / Lodge
- Day 5 : Leding to KhorlaBesi (970m), 6 hrs / Lodge
- Day 6 : KhorlaBesi to Jagat (1340m), 6 hrs / Lodge
- Day 7 : Jagat to Deng (1680m), 6 hrs / Lodge
- Day 8 : Deng to Namrung (2630m), 5 hrs / Lodge
- Day 9 : Namrung to Sama (3520m), 5 hrs / Lodge
- Day 10 : Rest / Acclimatization day
- Day 11 : Sama to Samdo (3875m), 3 hrs / Lodge
- Day 12 : Samdo to Dharmasala (4460m), 3 hrs / Lodge
- Day 13 : Dharmasala to Larke La (5135m) to Bimthang (3590m), 8 hrs / Lodge
- Day 14 : Bimthang to Dharapani (1920m), 7 hrs / Lodge
- Day 15 : Dharapani Drive to Besisahar (900m), 5-6 hrs / Hotel
- Day 16 : Drive Besisahar to Kathmandu, 6 hrs/ Hotel
- Day 17 : Kathmandu (shopping)
- Day 18 : International flight back
Date & Price
We stay at your disposal for a customized Manaslu Circuit Trek
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Voyage Status||Book Now|
|USD 4,150||SPACE AVAILABLE||Book Now|
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ has its own philosophy: as much as possible is included in the quoted price so that customers know the total costs of their adventure trip in advance!
- All airport/hotel transfers in Nepal
- Accommodation in 4-Star Boutique Hotelsl in Kathmandu, on a sharing basis, including breakfasts and dinners (4 nights). Please be aware that additional charges occur for single room (upon request)
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- All entry fees to the UNESCO world Heritage sites of Kathmandu
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary by private vehicles (bus/minibus)
- All necessary trekking permits
- Accommodation in lodges (on a sharing basis) during the trekking
- All major meals during trekking
- An experienced and well-trained team: a licensed trekking Guide, an assistant guide, porters/mules, including their salary, insurance, equipment, transportation, food and lodging
- Transportation of your luggage during the whole Trekking
- The technical equipment to secure the crossing of the pass, if necessary
- Communication means in case of emergency
- Oxygen, mask and regulator in case of emergency
- First aid kit
- Weather forecast
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- WYE postcards
- All government and local taxes.
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Nepal entry Visa fee
- Excess baggage charges for the international and domestic flights
- Lunches in Kathmandu
- Travel cancellation and rescue insurance
- Individual beverages and personal expenses (phone calls, Internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge and showers in the lodges, extra porters and all other personal items)
- Optional trips and sightseeing, if extended
- Any other expense that is not included in the quoted price.
We stay at your disposal for booking your international flight.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS is focusing on Manaslu trekking for group sizes of 4 to 6 participants for this trek because our experience have found this to be the best way to have a successful trip while providing excellent services. Furthermore, it creates a pleasant ambiance within the group, including an exchange of cultures and traditions with our team and the local guides.
Last but not least, WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ focus on small groups permits more flexibility and support to the participants individually.
ACCOMMODATION & MEALS
Kathmandu: We stay at 4-Star Boutique Hotels on a sharing basis, including breakfasts and dinners. Depending on availability, single rooms can be booked upon request at an additional cost. All dinners are served in excellent restaurants in town where you can enjoy various types of cuisine, from the typical Nepali, Thai, and even steaks and Italian meals. Each restaurant has been screened by WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS representatives to ensure that it is of suitable quality for our guests.
During Trekking: We stay in the lodges (small traditional mountain guesthouses) that are recommended by WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS as per defined itinerary destination. Please be aware that single rooms are not available.
Many lodges serve a variety of cuisines such as continental, Indian, Tibetan and local cooking. Please note that the beverages are on each participant’s own charge, except coffee and the selection of teas that are served for breakfast and in the afternoons upon your arrival, as well as some special snacks provided by WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS. Lunch packages are also available some days while crossing the pass.
Your safety is of supreme concern while traveling with WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS. In case of emergency, the group has a four (4)-litre oxygen bottle with a mask and regulator, along with a first aid kit and a 24-hour medical assistance by a high altitude medical team of doctors.
The Guide is also equipped with communication means, only to be used in emergencies. WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS is associated with the rescue and national helicopter rescue airlines.
In order to minimise risks, in particular during the crossing of the higher passes, weather forecasts are provided to the Guide on a regularly basis.
Depending on the difficulty of some itineraries, guide and assistant guide will secure the route using the necessary technical gear, if needed.
Please note that the above-mentioned itinerary information is purely indicative and can likely be modified during the course of the trekking by your Guide, who has the authority to make such changes if it is deemed necessary (due to safety concerns, etc.). Every effort will be made to keep to the scheduled itinerary; however, as this is an adventure travel in remote mountain regions and at high altitude, we are not able to fully guarantee it as it is necessary to take into consideration each situation as it occurs and consequently to adapt the program in its best way. Elements such as weather conditions, health conditions of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, among others, can all contribute to changes in the scheduled itinerary.
The Guide will try to ensure that the trekking runs according to the foreseen plan to the benefit of all the participants, but we thank you to be prepared to some flexibility and comprehension if so required.
Please check the degrees of difficulty while choosing a trekking trip with WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS. The majority of the itineraries proposed in our trekking programs are in remote areas of the Himalaya and at high altitude, mostly higher than the Alps. A good physical condition is necessary to appreciate the whole richness of this adventure.
The success of Manaslu Trek depends on both the personal condition of each participant and the experience of our Team. WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ team has been carefully selected according to their experience in the specific environment and personal aptitudes. Our team is thus highly experienced, skilled, trained, courteous and helpful.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ is proud to support our local staff by providing them with a fair salary, encouraging them to take mountaineering workshops, wilderness first aid training, environmental preservation courses, garbage management, team leadership, and language refreshers on a regular basis.
Trekking Guide and his role: WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ Trekking Guide is a professional government-trained guide with experience in guiding and trekking around the Himalaya, including first aid training and deep knowledge about the local flora, fauna and general environment preservation. Our Guide leads you all the way through the trekking and across the passes, while giving you interesting information about the mountains, culture, traditions and landscapes. He will help as an interpreter with the local populations. He is ensuring your safety and is checking your needs throughout the trail, and to the top of the pass, monitoring symptoms of high altitude sickness. The Guide plays a vital role in taking care of our member's needs, supervising the team and porters, and assuring the safety requirements. He also makes sure that the rubbish is properly managed and the trail is kept clean throughout the whole trekking trip. WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS will be frequently informed about the group during the entire trekking experience.
Assistant guide: Our assistant guide has also a government licence but must work as an assistant guide during some time in order to become a company approved Guide. He assists the Guide with all major duties, ensuring the safety and checking that the performance of the group runs smoothly. He is equipped with an emergency first aid kit and walks along with the members to monitor the group.
Porters: WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS has it own reliable porters. It is their responsibility to carry your luggage during the trekking with proper handling standards.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS is very concerned about the porters. We support and respect the porters’ rights and have high standards to make sure that they are treated well. We pay them a fair salary, including a bonus and providing them with good food allowances, clothes, shoes, sunglasses and insurances.
Pre-Training before Trek
Trekking is good for everyone! A daily walk in a beautiful landscape with a consumption of significant volumes of water, chatting with local people and understanding the culture, observing your body limits, all combine to make many healthier your body and mind than they ever have been before.
Before your embark for your Manaslu trekking, WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS recommends a regular aerobic exercise including some stretching exercises for a couple of hours per week. Ideally you should concentrate on cardiovascular fitness, building an excellent stamina and undertake a bit of strength training to be more efficient in the mountains. It is worth to go for at least once a week for a 3 to 4 hour hike, which familiarizes already your body to sustain the long-time effort in the Himalaya. The fitter you are, the faster and more easily you will get the trail, acclimatise and enjoy the trekking days.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS proposes a simple grading system that gives you a first idea of the difficulties of the Trekking for which you might apply and enables you to determine which is the best for you.
MANASLU Trek: Moderate
A moderate trekking grade takes into account the following factors:
- An altitude up to 5500 m above sea level
- An average trail inclination of about 30%-45%; some sections may consist of loose, sandy, gravel ground and boulders
- An average of 400 to 800 elevation ascent a day (especially when crossing passes)
- The capacity to walk easily on glacier moraines
- A trail, which may be rough paved, loose dirt, slippery, in landslide area, icy or snowy (on some parts you might be assisted by the guides)
- The aptitude to walk at least 4-7 hours per day (longer days when crossing the passes 8-9 hrs.)
It requires the following skills from each participant:
- A good stamina, to be able to walk during several hours at a sustained walking pace in a high altitude environment during several subsequent days
- You are familiar with assessing obstacles and hazards along the trail, walk confident (depending on the trail conditions, you may need some help in certain sections, especially while crossing the passes)
- You are able to carry a small personal backpack (about 35 litres)