- Country Nepal
- Duration 12 Days
- Region Langtang Region
- Max Altitude 5,050 meters / 16,569 feets
- Group Size 4 to 6 People
- Arrival On Kathmandu
- Departure From Kathmandu
- Grade Easy
- Meals Dinners in Kathmandu, All meals in the Trek
- Accommodations 4* Boutique Hotel, Lodges in the Trek
- Prime Activity Trekking
- Minor Activity Cultural and Traditional Sightseeing
- Date & Price
- Include & Exclude
- Book Now
A Short but Precious Glimpse of Nepal
Langtang is one of the most accessible trekking region in Nepal and offers the opportunity to discover a diversity of landscapes during a short one or two week holiday period. The stunning views of glaciers and numerous impressive mountains, amazing photogenic sunsets, sacred lakes, Buddhist monasteries, Tibetan culture, and the possibility of seeing rare wildlife makes it an ideal culturally rich and beautifully location for a trekking vacation.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS offers this Trek starting with a short drive through the lush forest toward the north of Kathmandu where you discover a splendid panorama of some giants of the Himalayas like Mount Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Langtang Himal, and also discover a glimpse of the village life of the hilly Himalaya. As we begin our Trekking along the banks of the Langtang Khola (river), we will be confronted with the diversity of traditions and cultures of the Tamang, Chettri and Yolma ethical groups. In the higher altitude, we can observe numerous colourful prayer flags floating in the wind, authentic monasteries, “mani” walls (prayer wheels along a stone wall) always surrounded by breathtaking sceneries of snow topped mountains and deep valleys that really immerse you in the famous Himalayan landscape.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS offers this Trekking in the Langtang wilderness with excellent lodging, trekking with experienced staff, medical and emergency aid and the necessary safety gear.
Come and discover the magic of Himalayas with comfort and quality that you deserve with WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS style.
Highlights of Trip
- Introduction of Nepal, its culture and traditions
- Sightseeing of the UNESCO world Heritage sites in Kathmandu
- Trekking through the wilderness of the different vegetation stages of the Himalaya
- Discovery of some old Buddhist monasteries and practices of the high Himalaya
- Rich biodiversity of stunning landscapes, vegetation and cattle farming
- Discovery of ancient Himalayan settlements
- Beautiful panoramic views of numerous impressive peaks: Langtang peak, Yala peak, Ganesh himal and many more
- Importance placed on high quality organization, staff, equipment and services to a small team of trekkers.
Altitude Chart of Trip
- Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m)
- Day 2 : Sightseeing tour of the UNESCO Heritage sites in Kathmandu
- Day 3 : Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1610m / 5282ft), 7-8 hrs / Lodge
- Day 4 : Trek from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel (2480m / 8167ft), 6 hrs / Lodge
- Day 5 : Lama Hotel to Langtang village (3541m / 11,618ft), 5 hrs / Lodge
- Day 6 : Langtang village to Kyanjin Ri (4773m / 14,526ft), 5 hrs / Lodge
- Day 7 : Kyanjin to Tsergo Ri (5050m / 16,564ft) back to Kyanjin, 6 hrs / Lodge
- Day 8 : Kyanjin to Lama Hotel, 6 hrs / Lodge
- Day 9 : Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi, 5 hrs / Lodge
- Day 10 : Drive to Kathmandu, 6 hrs
- Day 11 : Extra/ reserve/shopping day
- Day 12 : International flight back
Date & Price
We stay at your disposal for a customized Langtang Trek
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Voyage Status||Book Now|
|USD 2,995||SPACE AVAILABLE||Book Now|
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ philosophy is: as much as possible is included in the quoted price so that customers know the total costs of their adventure trip in advance!
- All airport/hotel transfers in Nepal
- Ground transportation as per defined itinerary
- Accommodation in 4-Star Boutique Hotels in Kathmandu, on a sharing basis, including breakfasts and dinners (4 nights). Additional charges occur for single room (upon request)
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- All entry fees to the world Heritage sites of Kathmandu
- Accommodation in lodges during the trekking, on a sharing basis
- All major meals during trekking
- A well-trained and experienced team: Guide, Assistant guide (depending on the number of participants), Porters, including their salary, insurance, transportation, food and lodging
- All necessary trekking permits
- The technical equipment to secure the passes, if necessary
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Communication means in case of emergency
- Oxygen, mask and regulator in case of emergency
- First aid kit
- WYE postcards
- All government and local taxes
- International airfare
- Nepal entry Visa fee
- Excess baggage charges for the international and domestic flights
- Lunches in Kathmandu
- Travel cancellation and rescue insurance
- Individual beverages and personal expenses (phone calls, Internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge and showers in the lodges, extra porters, drinks and all other personal items)
- Optional trips and sightseeing, if extended
- Any other expense that is not included in the quoted price.
We stay at your disposal for booking your international flight.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS is focusing on group sizes of 4 to 6 participants for this Trek because our experience have found this to be the best way to have a successful trip while providing excellent services. Furthermore, it creates a pleasant ambiance within the group, including an exchange of cultures and traditions with our team and the local guides.
Last but not least, WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ focus on small groups permits more flexibility and support to the participants individually.
ACCOMMODATION & MEALS
Kathmandu: We stay at 4-Star Boutique Hotels on a sharing basis, including breakfasts and dinners. Depending on availability, single rooms can be booked upon request at an additional cost. All dinners are served in excellent restaurants in town where you can enjoy various types of cuisine, from the typical Nepali, Thai, and even steaks and Italian meals. Each restaurant has been screen by WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS representatives to ensure that it is of suitable quality for our guests.
During Trekking: We stay in the lodges (small traditional mountain guesthouses) that are recommended by WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS as per defined itinerary destination. Please be aware that single rooms are not available. Though there are blankets available at the lodges, we recommend bringing your own sleeping bag, as the sleeping rooms are not heated. Showers are available at the majority of lodges. Please note that in the majority of the lodges the toilets are common, except in few of them where we provide you with attached rooms on available especially on resting days or acclimatisation day in order to enjoy shower.
Many lodges serve a variety of cuisines such as continental, Indian, Tibetan and local cooking. Please note that the beverages are on each participant’s own charge, except coffee and the selection of teas that are served for breakfast and in the afternoons upon your arrival, as well as some special snacks provided by WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS.
Your safety is of supreme concern while traveling with WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS. In case of emergency, the group has a four (4)-litre oxygen bottle with a mask and regulator, along with a first aid kit and a 24-hour medical assistance by a high altitude medical team of doctors.
The Guide is also equipped with communication means, only to be used in emergencies. WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS is associated with the rescue and national helicopter rescue airlines.
In order to minimise risks, weather forecasts are provided to the Guide on a regularly basis.
Please note that the above-mentioned itinerary information is purely indicative and can likely be modified during the course of the trekking by your Guide, who has the authority to make such changes if it is deemed necessary (due to safety concerns, etc.). Every effort will be made to keep to the scheduled itinerary; however, as this is an adventure travel in remote mountain regions and at high altitude, we are not able to fully guarantee it as it is necessary to take into consideration each situation as it occurs and consequently to adapt the program in its best way. Elements such as weather conditions, health conditions of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, among others, can all contribute to changes in the scheduled itinerary.
The Guide will try to ensure that the trekking runs according to the foreseen plan to the benefit of all the participants, but we thank you to be prepared to some flexibility and comprehension if so required.
Please check the degrees of difficulty while choosing a trekking trip with WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS. The majority of the itineraries proposed in our trekking programs are in remote areas of the Himalaya and at high altitude, mostly higher than the Alps. A good physical condition is necessary to appreciate the whole richness of this adventure.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS TEAM
The success of this Trek depends on both the personal condition of each participant and the experience of our Team. WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ team has been carefully selected according to their experience in the specific environment and personal aptitudes. Our team is thus highly experienced, skilled, trained, courteous and helpful.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ is proud to support our local staff by providing them with a fair salary, encouraging them to take mountaineering workshops, wilderness first aid training, environmental preservation courses, garbage management, team leadership, and language refreshers on a regular basis.
Trekking Guide and his role: WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ Trekking Guide is a professional government-trained guide with experience in guiding and trekking around the Himalaya, including first aid training and deep knowledge about the local flora, fauna and general environment preservation. Our Guide leads you all the way through the trekking and across the passes, while giving you interesting information about the mountains, culture, traditions and landscapes. He will help as an interpreter with the local populations. He is ensuring your safety and is checking your needs throughout the trail, and to the top of the pass, monitoring symptoms of high altitude sickness. The Guide plays a vital role in taking care of our member's needs, supervising the team and porters, and assuring the safety requirements. He also makes sure that the rubbish is properly managed and the trail is kept clean throughout the whole trekking trip. WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS will be frequently informed about the group during the entire trekking experience.
Assistant guide: Our assistant guide has also a government licence but must work as an assistant guide during some time in order to become a company approved Guide. He assists the Guide with all major duties, ensuring the safety and checking that the performance of the group runs smoothly. He is equipped with an emergency first aid kit and walks along with the members to monitor the group.
Porters: WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS has it own reliable porters. It is their responsibility to carry your luggage during the trekking with proper handling standards.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS is very concerned about the porters. We support and respect the porters’ rights and have high standards to make sure that they are treated well. We pay them a fair salary, including a bonus and providing them with good food allowances, clothes, shoes, sunglasses and insurances.
Pre-Training before Trek
Trekking is good for everyone! A daily walk in a beautiful landscape with a consumption of significant volumes of water, chatting with local people and understanding the culture, observing your body limits, all combine to make many healthier your body and mind than they ever have been before.
Before your embark for your Langtang Trekking, WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS recommends a regular aerobic exercise including some stretching exercises for a couple of hours per week. Ideally you should concentrate on cardiovascular fitness, building an excellent stamina and undertake a bit of strength training to be more efficient in the mountains. It is worth to go for at least once a week for a 3 to 4 hour hike, which familiarizes already your body to sustain the long-time effort in the Himalaya. The fitter you are, the faster and more easily you will get the trail, acclimatize and enjoy the trekking days.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS proposes a simple grading system that gives you a first idea of the difficulties of the Trekking for which you might apply and enables you to determine which is the best for you.
LANGTANG Trek: Easy
The easy trekking grade takes into consideration the subsequent factors:
- An altitude up to 4500 m above sea level
- An average trail inclination of about 25% (although there might be short steeper sections)
- An average of 300-400 positive elevations a day
- A trail in its main sections in good condition (stone paved trail, well marked)
- The capability to walk 4-5 hours per day, without any high pass to cross
It requires the following skills from each participant:
- A good stamina, to be able to walk during several hours at a sustained walking pace (4-5 km/h) in a mountain environment
- You are familiar with assessing obstacles and hazards along the trail; walk confident without any external help
- You are able to carry a small personal backpack (30-35 litres)