- Country nepal
- Duration 11 days
- Region Ghurkha-Kaski
- Max Altitude 2800 meters
- Group Size 6 to 8 people
- Arrival On Kathmandu
- Departure From Kathmandu
- Meals Dinners in Kathmandu, All meals in the trek biking
- Accommodations 4*Boutique Hotel, Tent in trekking
- Prime Activity Biking
- Minor Activity Cultural and traditional tour
- Date & Price
- Include & Exclude
- Book Now
Biking in the Nepal’s rice terrace
We propose this mountain biking tour from Kathmandu to Pokhara to the mountain bikers who want to explore the rugged unexplored trails of the Himalaya. It is a remarkable and fascinating tour that follows the ridges of the Nepal sceneries from the Kathmandu valley with majestic views of the Himalayan Langtang, and Annapurna ranges as our way comes closer to the lakeside of Pokhara.
Our Tour brings you through the culture and pageantry of the three old kingdoms of Kathmandu, Patan, and Bhaktapur before heading towards Gorkha, where we visit the palace of the former principality of Gorkha and learn about the Gorkha warriors before riding on to a Hindu temple that celebrates the goddess, Kali.
This entire Mountain Biking Tour brings you away from the main highway on an assortment of wide footpaths, old jeep trails and some technical single tracks. We follow the traditional direction that goes from Kathmandu to other parts of mid-western Nepal.
Challenging ascents, as well as some incredible descents, combine to makes this different off-road biking dream
Highlights of Trip
- Introduction of Nepal, its culture, and tradition
- Sightseeing of the UNESCO world heritage sites in Kathmandu
- Trekking and Biking through the diversity of landscape, cultures, and wilderness
- Discovery of ancient Himalaya people settlements
- View of the two famous Himalayan ranges: Langtang and Annapurna ranges with its numerous 7000 meters peaks
- Relaxing at the lakeside of the cozy small city of Pokhara
- The importance placed on excellent services and equipment, qualified staff for an exclusive small group of mountain bikers.
- Day 1. Kathmandu : Arrival in Kathmandu, transfer by private van to the Hotel. The rest of the day is free to rest and recover from the flight. Welcome dinner with the representatives of WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS.
- Day 2 : We enjoy the day by having a sightseeing around the Kathmandu valley and visiting some of its UNESCO Heritage sites: Durbar Square, Boudhanath, Pashupatinath and Swayambunath or also known as the Monkey Temple. Overnight in the hotel, Kathmandu
- Day 3 : Kathmandu to Nagargot (by drive) / Nagarkot to Bhaktapur (by bicycle) Drive in the morning from Kathmandu to the hill station of Nagarkot on the northeastern rim of Kathmandu Valley and then proceed by bike a further 4 km uphill to the highest point: Nagarkot Tower situated at 2800 meters above sea level. From there, we have stunning views on some of the Himalayan giants (Everest, Cho Oyu, and many more), before riding downhill on dirt trails until Bhaktapur - a UNESCO World Heritage site. Overnight in the hotel, Bhaktapur
- Day 4 : Bhaktapur to Kakani Today, the ride is mostly uphill until reaching the small town of Kakani at 2073 meters on the northern rim of Kathmandu Valley where the beautiful Langtang range greets us. Overnight in camp, Kakani
- Day 5 : Kakani to Trisuli Valley We start with a downhill ride to the Trisuli Valley. During the daily ride we cross several settlements with terraces fields and camps on the banks of the Trisuli river. Overnight in camp
- Day 6 : Trisuli Valley to Gorkha Our ride continues today along the banks of the Trisuli river, before we take the direction to Gorkha, a former capital of Nepal. Upon arrival in Gorkha, we make a sightseeing tour of the historical Royal Palace of the former Shah dynasty. Overnight in camp
- Day 7 : A great downhill ride from Gorkha, passing through authentic villages and beautiful small orchards that ripe orange during the months of October to December is expecting us for our today ride. The ride then takes some altitude to join the start of the popular Annapurna trekking route. Overnight in camp
- Day 8 : Gorkha to Bhorletar Leaving the Annapurna views behind us, we ride along the stream towards the beautiful Kunchha village. From there, we have a dirt trail until Bhorletar that passes small typical Nepali villages on the way. Overnight in camp
- Day 9 : Bhorletar to Begnas Lake A challenging riding day as we cycle mostly uphill and on dirt tracks to Begnas Ridge, where again we can enjoy amazing Himalayan views. We set up our camp next to Begnas Lake, surrounded with snow-covered peaks that are dominating the landscape. Overnight in camp
- Day 10 : Begnas Lake to Kali Temple After a hearty breakfast nearby the Begnas Lake, we start our riding day with a mostly uphill for about 15 kilometers on dirt trails to the top of Tiwari Danda and to Kali Temple (named after the Goddess of victory over evil powers), our spot for our overnight camp. Overnight in camp
- Day 11 : On our final riding day, we cross small typical villages before joining the main road into Pokhara, Nepal’s 2nd largest city. The rest of the day is free to explore the cafes or to hire a boat on the lake. Overnight in the hotel
- Day 12 : Drive Back to Kathmandu. Rest and shopping. Farewell dinner together with the WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ representatives. Overnight in the hotel
- Day 13 : Transfer to the airport for your international flight departure.
Date & Price
The given prices are per person and exclude international flights. Given below are the departure dates available for online booking. If the given date is not favorable then please contact us and we will happily customize your trip on dates more appropriate for you.
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Voyage Status||Book Now|
|23 Oct, 2017||03 Nov, 2017||USD 5600||Booking Open||Book Now|
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ philosophy is: as much as possible is included in the quoted price so that customers know the total costs of their adventure trip in advance!
- All airport/hotel transfers in Nepal
- Three nights in 4**** hotels in Kathmandu and one night in Pokhara, on a sharing basis, including breakfasts. Please be aware that additional costs incur for single rooms booking (upon request)
- Three dinners in Kathmandu / 1 in Pokhara
- Bikes hiring
- Accommodation in lodges during the biking tour, on a sharing basis (tent)
- All the main meals during the cycling Tour
- All necessary trained and experienced staff: Swiss Leader, Nepali guide and assistant guide (depending on the number of participants), including their salary, insurance, transportation, food, and lodging
- All necessary biking permits
- All transportation of the luggage and assistance by jeep on a daily basis
- Travel and rescue arrangements (please be aware that each participant has to have its individual insurance)
- Communication means in case of emergency
- First aid kit
- WYE postcards
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal entry Visa fee (USD 30)
- Excess baggage charges for the international
- Lunches in Kathmandu / Pokhara (around 60$ per person for four meals)
- Individual beverages
- Travel cancellation and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, the Internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge and showers in the lodges, and all other personal items)
- Tips (Leader, Guide, assistant guide, porters, driver, city guide, etc.)
- Any other expense that does not include in the quoted price.
ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS
As we say: Eat good, Sleep well and bike good!
Kathmandu & Pokhara: We stay at a high standard Boutique hotels (4-star) on a sharing basis, including breakfasts. Depending on availability, single rooms can be booked upon request at an additional cost. All dinners are served in excellent restaurants in town where you can enjoy various types of cuisine, from the typical Nepali, Thai, and even steaks and Italian meals. Each restaurant has been screened by WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS representatives to ensure that it is of suitable quality for our guests.
During our Campsite Biking Tour: According to our itinerary, at some specific defined places, we settle a campsite and enjoy the meals prepared by our kitchen team. The tents are provided by WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS on a sharing basis. Single tent can be requested but are charged extra cost (upon request at your booking). Each member has to bring his/her own sleeping bag, we provide you with a thin isolation mattress.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS provides the team with its own cook to serve us delicious dishes. Package lunches might be given for some days.
For our clients’ convenience, WILD YAK EXPEDITONS provides the lightening for the dining tent and solar batteries charging facilities at disposal of the participants.
The success of this Bike Tour depends on both the personal condition of each participant and the experience of our Team. WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ team has been carefully selected according to their experience in the specific environment and personal aptitudes. Our team is thus highly experienced, skilled, trained, courteous and helpful. WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ is proud to support our local staff by providing them with a fair salary, encouraging them to take wilderness first aid training, environmental preservation courses, garbage management, team leadership, and language refreshers on a regular basis.
Biking Leader and his role: Our Swiss experimented biking Leader Etienne Delavy leads you all the way along this Trip. He is ensuring your safety and is checking your needs throughout the Tour, monitoring your performance as well health. Though most of the lodges / camping sites are booked by WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS, it is the Leader’s responsibility to check appropriate rooms and ensure that good food is served to the clients. One of his duties is also to manage a proper place for camping throughout this entire biking Tour. The Guide plays a vital role in taking care of the clients’ needs, supervising the local staff, assuring the safety requirements and garbage management, together with the bikes maintenance. WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS will be frequently informed about the group throughout the Trip .
Local bike guide: Our local bike guide is a professional government trained guide along with biking experience in guiding around the Himalaya. He assists the Guide with all major duties, ensuring the safety and checking that the performance of the group runs smoothly. He is equipped with an emergency first aid kit and walks along with the clients to monitor the group.
Assistant Local guide or mechanic (ONLY IF 6 PARTICIPANTS): Same as guide duties (maintenance of bike)
Cook: Our Cook is a government trained and licensed trekking cook who plays a vital role along the whole Tour. He has the experience to provide you with different cuisine and bakery. He is highly focusing on hygienic food, clean and best utensils, proper management of the camp and its surroundings. As the Guide, he makes sure that the garbage is properly managed and camping site is clean after our use. Last but not least, he is providing you as often as possible with fresh vegetables and meat.
EMERGENGY AND SAFTEY PRECAUTIONS:
For Emergency and safety precautions the group is provided with a 4-litre oxygen bottle (with mask and regulator), along with a first aid kit box containing the main basic medicines.The group is continuously followed on a daily basis by a back up jeep with the necessary communications means and assistance.During the entire Tour the Leader and local guide are monitoring the ride.
Please note that the above-mentioned itinerary information is purely indicative and can likely be modified during the course of the Bike Tour by our Leader, who has the authority to make such changes if it is deemed necessary (due to safety concerns, etc.). Every effort will be made to keep to the scheduled itinerary; however, as this is an adventure travel, we are not able to fully guarantee it as it is necessary to take into consideration each situation as it occurs and consequently to adapt the program in its best way. Elements such as weather conditions, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, among others, can all contribute to changes in the scheduled itinerary.
The Leader will try to ensure that the trekking runs according to the foreseen plan to the benefit of all the participants, but we thank you to be prepared to some flexibility and comprehension if so required.
Sorry, no grade found