- Country Tibet / Nepal
- Duration 15 Days
- Region Tsang Region
- Max Altitude 4,980 meters / 16,339 feets
- Group Size 4 to 6 People
- Arrival On Kathmandu
- Departure From Kathmandu
- Grade Moderate
- Meals Dinners in Kathmandu, All meals in the Trek
- Accommodations 4* Boutique Hotel, Lodges in Trek
- Prime Activity Trekking
- Minor Activity Cultural and Traditional Sightseeing
- Date & Price
- Include & Exclude
- Book Now
Into the True Tibet
The Ganden Samye trek, also known as “Real Tibetan wilderness Trek” as it offers beautiful alpine landscape, lakes, high passes, sacred sites and herder’s camps.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS trip to Ganden Samye trekking will take you to the historic capital of Tibet Lhasa, century’s old forts, magnificent monasteries, prayer halls of chanting monks, religious institute, and remote cliff-side retreats. Beside it, Buddhist art and cultures are remarkable to see. Furthermore, it offers the stunning view of world’s highest mountain likewise Mount Everest, Mount Cho-Oyu and Mount Shishapangma and much gorgeous mountain scenery with glaciers and glittering turquoise lake. Countryside offers huge plains dotted with grazing yaks and nomad’s tent and over high passes with colorful prayer flags. Our overland trip to Nepal via the roof of world highway is outstanding with vast Tibetan plateau. Short stay in colorful Nepal may enhance your spirit with some UNESCO heritage sites sightseeing. Tibet is also a place that’s like to change the way you see the world and that will remain with you for years to come. And that’s surely the definition of the very best kind of travel
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS proposes this Ganden Samye trek in Tibet by providing an experienced staff, excellent food and lodges, the appropriate medical emergency aids and best means of transportation.
Come and discover the magic of Himalayas with comfort and quality that you deserve with WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS style.
Highlights of Trip
Introduction of the two great himalayan countries: Tibet and Nepal
- Sightseeing of exotic place on top of the world likewise, Potala palace, Barkhor circuit, Jokhang temple
- Visit great Buddhists religious institute of Drepung and Sera
- Discovery of ancient Himalaya people settlements
- Trekking in the roof of the world
- Views of numerous beautiful and famous 8000 meters peaks, such as Mount Everest, Cho-Oyu, Shishapangma and many other giants of Himalaya
- Epic overland trip along the some of the world wildest and highest place
- Sightseeing tour in Nepal UNESCO heritage sites, Like: Bhaktapur, Swambunath, Boudhanath and Pashupatinath
Altitude Chart of Trip
- Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m)
- Day 2 : Sight seeing Bhaktapur, Tibet Visa preparation
- Day 3 : Lhasa sightseeing
- Day 4 : Flight to Gonggor and 2 hrs drive to Lhasa (3650 m)
- Day 5 : Sightseeing around Lhasa
- Day 6 : Lhasa to Ganden (4170m), 30 min / Hotel
- Day 7 : Ganden to Yama Do (4490m), 6 hrs / Camp
- Day 8 : Yama Do to Tsodup-Chu (4980m), 6 hrs / Camp
- Day 9 : Tsodup-Chu to Herders Camp (4460m), 6 hrs / Camp
- Day 10 : Herders Camp to Wango (3710m), 9 hrs / guest house
- Day 11 : Wango to Tsedang (m), 3 hrs /guest house
- Day 12 : Explore Yarlung Valley, (3630) 9 hrs hotel
- Day 13 : Drive to Gonggar fly to Kathmandu, 7 hrs / Camp
- Day 14 : Kathmandu sight seeing at UNESCO Heritages sites
- Day 15 : Departure international flight
Date & Price
We stay at your disposal for a customized Ganden Samye Trip
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Voyage Status||Book Now|
|CONTACT US FOR INFORMATION||N/A||Book Now|
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ philosophy is: as much as possible is included in the quoted price so that customers know the total costs of their tour in advance!
- China Tibet visa fee
- All airport/hotel transfers in Lhasa and Kathmandu
- Accommodation in a 4-Star Boutique Hotels in Kathmandu and good Chinese Hotels in Tibet, on a sharing basis including breakfasts and dinners. Please be aware that additional charges occur for single room (upon request)
- All the major meals in Tibet and Nepal
- Guided sightseeing tour in Tibet and Nepal
- Local Guide and City Guide
- All entry fees to the sites, monuments, monasteries and UNESCO heritage sites in both country, Tibet and Nepal
- All necessary taxes and travel permit in Tibet and Nepal
- All group transportation to Nepal
- Travel and rescue arrangements in Tibet and Nepal
- First aid kit with emergency oxygen and mask regulator
- International flight
- Excess baggage charges for the international flight
- Multi visa fee of Nepal
- Travel cancellation and rescue insurance
- Individual beverage and personal expenses (phone calls, the Internet, laundry, bar bills and all other personal items)
- Any other expense that is not included in the quoted price.
We stay at your disposal for booking your international flight.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS is focusing on group sizes of 4 to 6 participants for this trek because our experience has found this to be the best way to have a successful trip while providing excellent services. Furthermore, it creates a pleasant ambiance within the group, including an exchange of cultures and traditions with our team and the local guides.
Last but not least, WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ focus on small groups permits more flexibility and support to the participants individually.
ACCOMMODATION & MEALS
Lhasa: We stay in 3-Star Hotels in the sharing basis, including breakfast, lunches and dinners. Depending on availability, single rooms can be booked upon request at an additional cost. All dinners are served in excellent Chinese Tibetan restaurants in town where you can enjoy traditional Chinese and Tibetan cuisine.
Kathmandu: We stay in 4-Star Boutique Hotels on a sharing basis, including breakfasts and dinners. Depending on availability, single rooms can be booked upon request at an additional cost. All dinners are served in excellent restaurants in town where you can enjoy various types of cuisine, from the typical Nepali, Thai, and even steaks and Italian meals. Each restaurant has been screen by WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS representatives to ensure that it is of suitable quality for our guests.
During our Trekking: According to our itinerary, at some specifically defined places, we settle a campsite and enjoy the meals prepared by our kitchen team. The tents are provided by WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS on a sharing basis. Each member has to bring his/her own sleeping bag; we provide you an individual mattress and a thin isolation mattress for an entire sleeping tent. Considering the roughness of the landscape and the hygienic conditions, WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS provides the team with its own cook, kitchen tent, sleeping tents, dining tent and toilet tent with the necessary staff to serve us delicious dishes and drinks. You can enjoy espresso coffee, a selection of teas, as well as Italian, Tibetan and local cuisines. Packages lunch are given on some days.
For our clients’ convenience, considering the remoteness of the region, WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS provides the lightening for the dining and kitchen tents and solar batteries charging facilities at disposal of the participants.
In some places, we stay in the lodges (small traditional mountain guesthouses) that are recommended by WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS as per defined itinerary destination. Please be aware that single rooms are not available.
The entire restaurant serves mainly the typical variety of Chinese and Tibetan cuisines. Please note that the beverages are on each participant’s own charge.
Transportation: by private cars
Your safety is of supreme concern while traveling with WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS. In the case of emergency, the group has a four (4)-litre oxygen bottle with a mask and regulator, along with a first aid kit and a 24-hour medical assistance by a high altitude medical team of doctors.
The success of Ganden Samye Trek depends on both the personal condition of each participant and the experience of our Team. WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ team has been carefully selected according to their experience in the specific environment and personal aptitudes. Our team is thus highly experienced, skilled, trained, courteous and helpful.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ is proud to support our local staff by providing them with a fair salary, encouraging them to take mountaineering workshops, wilderness first aid training, environmental preservation courses, garbage management, team leadership, and language refreshers on a regular basis.
Trekking Guide and his role: WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ Trekking Guide is a professional government-trained guide with experience in guiding and trekking around the Himalaya, including first aid training and deep knowledge of the local flora, fauna and general environment preservation. Our Guide leads you all the way through the trekking and across the passes while giving you interesting information about the mountains, culture, traditions and landscapes. He will help as an interpreter with the local populations. He is ensuring your safety and is checking your needs throughout the trail, and to the top of the pass, monitoring symptoms of high altitude sickness. The Guide plays a vital role in taking care of our member's needs, supervising the team and porters, and assuring the safety requirements. He also makes sure that the rubbish is properly managed and the trail is kept clean throughout the whole trekking trip. WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS will be frequently informed about the group during the entire trekking experience.
Assistant guide: Our assistant guide has also a government license but must work as an assistant guide during some time in order to become a company approved Guide. He assists the Guide with all major duties, ensuring the safety and checking that the performance of the group runs smoothly. He is equipped with an emergency first aid kit and walks along with the members to monitor the group.
Cook: WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ cook is a government trained and licensed trekking cook who plays a vital role during the entire Trekking. He has the necessary experience to provide you with different cuisine and bakery. He is highly focusing on hygienic food, clean and best utensils, proper management of the camp and its surroundings. As the Guide, he makes sure that the garbage is properly managed and the camping site is clean after our use. Last but not least, he is providing you as often as possible with fresh vegetables and meat.
Kitchen Boy(s): our kitchen boy(s), assist the cook in his main duties: in the kitchen, by serving and cleaning the dishes, managing the water and taking care of the maintenance of the campsite.
Pre-Training before Trek
Trekking is good for everyone! A daily walk in a beautiful landscape with a consumption of significant volumes of water, chatting with local people and understanding the culture, observing your body limits, all combine to make many healthier your body and mind than they ever have been before.
Before your embark for your Ganden Samye trekking, WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS recommends a regular aerobic exercise including some stretching exercises for a couple of hours per week. Ideally, you should concentrate on cardiovascular fitness, building an excellent stamina and undertake a bit of strength training to be more efficient in the mountains. It is worth to go for at least once a week for a 3 to 4-hour hike, which familiarizes already your body to sustain the long-time effort in the Himalaya. The fitter you are, the faster and more easily you will get the trail, acclimatize and enjoy the trekking days.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS proposes a simple grading system that gives you a first idea of the difficulties of the Trekking for which you might apply and enables you to determine which is the best for you.
GANDEN SAMYE Trek: Moderate
A moderate trekking grade takes into account the following factors:
- An altitude up to 5500 m above sea level
- An average trail inclination of about 30%-45%; some sections may consist of loose, sandy, gravel ground and boulders
- An average of 400 to 800 elevation ascent a day (especially when crossing passes)
- The capacity to walk easily on glacier moraines
- A trail, which may be rough paved, loose dirt, slippery, in landslide area, icy or snowy (in some parts you might be assisted by the guides)
- The aptitude for walking at least 4-7 hours per day (longer days when crossing the passes 8-9 hrs.)
It requires the following skills from each participant:
- A good stamina, to be able to walk during several hours at a sustained walking pace in a high altitude environment during several subsequent days
- You are familiar with assessing obstacles and hazards along the trail, walk confident (depending on the trail conditions, you may need some help in certain sections, especially while crossing the passes)
- You are able to carry a small personal backpack (about 35 liters)