Kathmandu: We stay at the famous Hyatt 5-star on a sharing basis, including breakfasts to prepare the best for the present Everest Expedition. All dinners are served in excellent restaurants in town where you can enjoy various types of cuisine, from the typical Nepali, Thai, and even steaks and Italian meals. Each restaurant has been screened by WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS representatives to ensure that it is of suitable quality for our guests.
Lhasa to Base Camp: We stay at good standard hotels, on a sharing basis, and experience real Chinese cuisine with mixture of Tibetan style with a bowl of beverage along with each meal.
Depending on the availability, it might be possible to book individual rooms, upon request at your booking and towards additional expenses.
The individual beverages until Base Camp are on each participant's own charge.
Base Camp and Advance Base Camp (ABC): WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS has its own philosophy regarding its Base Camp / ABC: as climbing is one of the central interests of the Expedition, it is important to have comfort, hygiene and good food during the Expedition. WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ Base Camp is comfortable, warm and well organized. Each participant has an individual double isolated tent. Each individual tent has an insulation support from ground and an extra large thick mattress with soft pillow.
Our triple-skin dining tent is heated and lighted at some specific hours. Our kitchen respects the fundamental principles of hygiene and is well equipped with modern utensils and stoves.
The Base Camp disposes also of two large sanitary tents (WC and shower), equipped with shower gel and toilet paper.
In addition, a water bucket with soap and sanitizer is at your disposal besides the dining tent.
Similarly, a store tent and specific communication tent (depending on the size of the group) are set up.
During the Expedition, our kitchen team provides you with a variety of different kinds of food, from the typical Nepali food to all types of international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Indian, etc.) along with several types of drinks, among others, hot chocolate, coffee and fruit juice. Fresh vegetables, fruits and meat are supplied as regularly as possible from our kitchen. On request, for higher camps, a freshly cooked hygienic food or a packed food (as per condition) can be provided from our kitchen team as well as drinks and snacks.
Lights and Generator: Base camp and ABC is equipped with a solar charching device and a high power generator for the altitude.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS believes in a high level of security while operating its Expedition to Mount Everest and provides accordingly the Expedition members with all the necessary means in order to optimize their chance to summit Mount Everest.
- 1 UIAGM Mountain Guide for the Group
- 1 personal Climbing Sherpa per Expedition member
- WYE Sherpa team, our climbing Sherpa's are all Everest summiteers, strong, advanced mountaineering and rescue trained, experienced and qualified with the handling of Oxygen, mask and regulator, friendly and supportive
- Full time Base Camp Manager for logistic services and emergency
- 7 high UK brand new quality oxygen bottles per member
- 3 high level oxygen bottles per Sherpa
- 6 additional oxygen bottles for emergency
- We are flexible and supportive being a small group of mountaineers compared to other big outfitters which consist often of more than 10 climbers in the team
- Each client gets at disposal a personal radio for communications while in the mountain
- The Expedition is equipped with a satellite phone
- A 24-hour service radio station at Base Camp and ABC
- We are associated with the Tibet rescue mountain guides
- Weather forecast from 2 different countries
- 24-hour high altitude medical consultant for emergency or sickness cases
- Pre-acclimatization training
- A 3-day workshop at Base Camp practicing walking in ladder and high camps tricks and tips of gear management, radio use and guidance for mental preparation
- A 2-day workshop before going to the final Summit push which consists mainly of giving advice for appropriate handling of personal things which may be effective during the climbing, handling of oxygen and mask regulator and the way to cooperate with the own personal Sherpa on the day of ascent
The success of this Expedition depends on both the personal condition of each participant and the experience of our Team. WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ team has been carefully selected according to their experience in the specific environment and personal aptitudes. Our team is thus highly experienced, skilled, trained, courteous and helpful.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ is proud to support our local staff by providing them with a fair salary, encouraging them to take mountaineering workshops, wilderness first aid training, environmental preservation courses, garbage management, team leadership, and language refreshers on a regular basis.
UIAGM Nepali Mountain Guide and his role: our Everest Expedition is leaded by a Nepali experimented enthusiastic and used to high altitude expeditions with several success on Mount Everest UIAGM professional mountain guide. His role is to assure the safety requirements of the members of the Expedition and ensuring that this Everest Expedition runs accordingly to the program. One of his role is also to coodinate the Expedition with the leading climbing Sherpa. WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS is frequently informed about the course of the Expedition.
Climbing Sherpa Team: Our climbing Sherpa team is a professional qualified team with great experience in guiding at high altitudes in the Himalaya, in particular on Mount Everest or other 8000-meter peaks. It is assisting the mountain guide in the majority of his tasks, assuring the safety requirements. It will also help as an interpreter with the local populations. The Sherpa team follows the members during the climbing periods. It fixes the tents, the ropes in some essential parts of the mountain and assists you during your ascent days for the summit push. Each member of the Everest Expedition has one personal climbing Sherpa for the summit ascent days. It is also providing you with interesting information about the mountains, the culture and traditions of this part of the Himalaya. Our Sherpa team makes sure that the rubbish is properly managed and the campsite are kept clean throughout the whole Expedition.
Kitchen Team: Plays a vital role during the entire Expeditions. WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS Cooks are specialized, experienced and trained in outdoor cooking at high altitudes, respecting the fundamental principles of hygiene and proper management of the base camp and its surroundings. The Cook role is also to manage the base camp in the absence of the Leader/Sherpa team. Different types of cuisine and bakeries are served during the climbing period. Our Kitchen Team ensures also that the garbage is properly managed and the campsite is kept clean after its use.
Please contact email@example.com for detail package