- Country Bhutan
- Duration 14 Days
- Region Thimpu-Paro
- Group Size 4 to 6 People
- Arrival On Kathmandu
- Departure From Kathmandu
- Prime Activity Trekking
- Minor Activity Cultural and Traditional sightseeing
- Date & Price
- Include & Exclude
- Book Now
Land of Dragons
This popular Bhutan cultural tour provides an in-depth view into the ancient way of life and rich culture that still thrives in Bhutan today through the western valleys of Paro, Haa, Thimphu, Punakha and Wangduephodrang. It is a well paced tour, designed to provide the opportunity to really savor the unique highlights of Bhutan’s western districts which offer diverse mountainous landscapes, a rich Buddhist heritage including monasteries, temples and chortens, historical fortresses and an extremely hospitable people. You will discover the vibrant history of Bhutan visiting the Ta Dzong Museum, Rimpong Dzong with its wooden cantilevered bridge and the infamous Taktsang Monastery (Tiger’s Nest) in the beautiful Paro Valley.
In Bhutan’s capital, Thimphu, you will visit the The National Memorial Chorten, 12th century Changangkha Temple and the National Library exhibiting ancient scriptures before crossing the 3050m Dochula Pass with its 108 chortens, numerous prayer flags and spectacular Himalayan views into the sub-tropical Punakha Valley featuring the incredible Punakha Dzong and Chimi Lhakang, temple of the ‘Divine Madman’.
Our trip continues over the fascinating Bhutan to Nepal, where we enjoy a short but captivating stay with the sightseeing of some UNESCO heritage sites of the colorful capital of Nepal, and a superlative mountain flight over Himalaya with outstanding view of the Mount Everest and other 8000 meters peak such as Cho-oyu, Makalu, Lhotse and etc.
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS proposes this tour in the land of dragons, mountains, monasteries and interesting culture of Bhutan by providing an experienced leader, excellent food and lodges, the appropriate medical emergency aids and best means of transportation.
Come and discover the magic of Himalayas with comfort and quality that you deserve with WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS style.
Highlights of Trip
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS propose the perfect overview of Bhutan’s rich culture and spectacular scenery with a mind blowing mountain flight to Everest at Nepal
- Experience Bhutan’s unique culture up-close with farmhouse visits and village excursions.
- Spend time Marveling at the ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
- Sight seeing tour to UNESCO heritages sites in Nepal
- Mountain flight to mount Everest.
Altitude Chart of Trip
- Day 1. : International Departure
- Day 2. : Arrival Kathmandu
- Day 3. : Arrival Paro - Thimphu
- Day 4. : Thimphu
- Day 5. : Thimphu - Punakha
- Day 6. : Punakha
- Day 7. : Punakha - Haa
- Day 8. : Haa - Paro
- Day 9 : Paro
- Day 10. : Paro - Kathmandu
- Day 11. : Kathmandu sightseeing
- Day 12. : Everest Mountain Flight
- Day 13. : International Departure
- Day 14. : Back Europe
Date & Price
The given prices are per person and exclude international flights. Given below are the departure dates available for online booking. If the given date is not favorable then please contact us and we will happily customize your trip on dates more appropriate for you.
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Voyage Status||Book Now|
WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ philosophy is: as much as possible is included in the quoted price so that customers know the total costs of their tour in advance!
- International airfare to Kathmandu-Bhutan (two way)
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa .
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking local guide
- All the transportation in Bhutan and Kathmandu
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard goverment approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan and Kathmandu
- All entrance fees and permits in Bhutan and Kathmandu
- Mountain flight to Mount Everest
- First aid kit
- International flight to and from Kathmandu
- Nepal Multi-Visa
- Excess baggage charges for the international flights
- Travel cancellation and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, Internet, laundry, individual beverages, and all other personal items)
- Optional trips and sightseeing, if extended
- Tips (Local guide, city guide, driver)
- Any other expense that is not included in the quoted price
ACCOMMODATION & MEAL
At Bhutan and Kathmandu: we stay in 4-Star Boutique Hotels on a sharing basis, including breakfasts.
Please note that depending on the availability, single rooms might be booked upon request and towards additional costs. Breakfasts and dinners are served from the hotels where we lodge.
During the Bhutan tour, local cuisine is mainly served, except in Kathmandu where we can enjoy all different kinds of cuisine from the traditional one to the Indian, Continental and Mexican in very good restaurants in town.
All beverages are on each participant’s own charge.
The different means of transportations
- Geneva/Zurich to Kathmandu by flight
- Kathmandu to Paro by flight
- Sightseeing in Bhutan private minibus
- Paro to Kathmandu by flight
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu by private minibus
- Special airplane for mountain flight of Everest
- Kathmandu to Europe by flight
Tour leader and his role: WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS’ experimented tour leader is enthusiastic and familiar with the local cultures and traditions about Bhutan and Nepal and speaks several languages. Our leader leads you all the way through Bhutan and accompanies the group to Nepal. Our leader provides you interesting information about the people, mountains, culture, traditions and landscapes of Bhutan and Nepal. Our leader takes care, in a possible extent, of your needs throughout such Tour. Though most of the hotels are booked by WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS, it is one of the leader’s duty to manage the accommodation and meals places. The leader ensures that the clients are satisfied, supervises the local tour guide and the drivers. WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS is frequently informed about the group during the entire Tour.
Local Tour guide: Our Local Tour guides are appointed by WILD YAK EXPEDITIONS. They assist the Leader by providing the necessary cultural information about the local people and traditions. They further make sure that the Tour runs according to the defined program.
Sorry, no grade found